Monday, November 13, 2017

Cats of a Different Color

Day 13 of the month-long painting challenge, and I'm seriously tired. Not tired of painting, but am trying to juggle a professional job while also doing quality pictures. Well, tonight is a cop-out. I just painted some sketchy cats and gave them a colorful title. Tonight I made sure to use traditional Asian-style paper since the group where I'm posting only uses that kind of paper and not my preferred watercolor stock. Not a keener for the rough-toothed traditional hanji, but it's etiquette to follow the guidelines of the group one participates in, and the proactive viewpoint is it gives me experience with another medium and develops other artistic expressions and strategies.

Cats of a Different Color
Marie's watercolors on hanji, Korean handmade mulberry paper

No comments:

Post a Comment