Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Prideful Peacock on Shikishi Board

Day 7 of the Chinese-style painting challenge for November, a challenge hosted by OASlife (Oriental Art Supply) on Facebook. This isn't really a traditional Asian-style painting but am using Asian materials -- Chinese watercolors and Chinese ink on Japanese hard shikishi board. I didn't quite plan for it to turn out so "fairytale-like" as one of the comments on Facebook said, but the colors weren't blending. Shikishi board doesn't allow blending (excellent! I learned something else during this challenge) and so to make it look cohesive and less circus-stripe style, I added the Chinese ink. Even though the painting didn't turn out like I expected, I kind of like the end product. Very fanciful anyway.

Day 7 of the Asian-style painting challenge: Prideful Peacock on Shikishi Board
Marie's Chinese watercolors with Chinese ink

No comments:

Post a Comment