Monday, July 2, 2018

Lovely Red Flowers

What a muddle! When I got the flowers painted in, there wasn't enough contrast. Added dark greens and then it was too dark. Added white gouache and then the picture looked weak. More dark touches. A bit more white touches and a white gel pen. Arg! The light picture didn't turn out as I imagined ... but that's learning for you!

This was done for the June #30x30DirectWatercolor2018 June painting challenge on Faebook. My Day 4 entry,. The June painting challenge period has timed out, but I'm just painting what I can and in my own time. The paint-something-daily challenge is a bit of a motivator, now that I have time post-semester.




Day 4 for the June daily painting challenge (yep, it's July but I'm slowly working at my own pace). See #30x30DirectWatercolor2018. This was done using the direct painting method ... no penciling or lines. I did mask directly but that's acceptable since I created those lines directly.

No comments:

Post a Comment