Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Painting Matryoshka x3

Getting a headstart on Christmas presents for 2018, and since my niece and nephews love playing with two matryoshka nesting doll sets I brought from Russia years ago, thought I would paint each of them their own set. (For interest, here's a history of the stylish matryoshka.)



Painting those little 5 1/2" dolls on the woodblocks was a lifesaver. The dolls were easy to hold, turn and I didn't get acrylic on me while painting or setting them down, and I didn't spray myself with the shellac either. Really nifty. They were glued down with glue sticks which was easily removable after painting.


WILD CATS for the oldest:



TRADITIONAL DOLLS for the niece:



SEA ANIMALS for the youngest:




So come Christmas the kids will have their own matryoshkas to play with!



No comments:

Post a Comment